Third “Plastic Free Takeaway, Use Reusable Tableware” Campaign
Since 2018, the Environmental Campaign Committee (ECC) and the Environmental Protection Department (EPD), sponsored by the Environment and Conservation Fund and in collaboration with the Food and Beverage sector, have jointly organized two phases of "Plastic-Free Takeaway, Use Reusable Tableware" promotional and public education campaign. This publicity campaign aims to encourage members of the public to go plastic-and-disposable-free for takeaway orders so as to reduce the use of disposable plastic tableware as well as other single-use tableware (These two phases saved over 2.4 million sets of disposable cutlery sets in total).
In 2023, in preparation for the upcoming implementation of the first phase of the regulation on disposable plastic tableware, ECC and EPD is going to organise the third "Plastic-Free Takeaway, Use Reusable Tableware" Campaign in November. The Campaign will be introduced with a new image, utilizing the "Plastic-Free Rewards" mobile application and in collaboration with GREEN$, to encourage the public further to "go plastic-and-disposable-free" when ordering takeaways as a warm-up and preparation for the upcoming implementation of the regulation on disposable plastic tableware while earning stamps and redeeming rewards.
More than 750 restaurants have participated in the third 'Plastic-Free Takeaway, Use Reusable Tableware' campaign, including over 700 eateries under more than 700 catering business and over 50 canteens and restaurants in government venues. Under the Campaign, customers can receive one stamp for each takeaway order by opting out disposable cutlery at participating eateries, or receive two stamps by opting out a disposable container (i.e. food container or beverage cup) at a Bring Your Own Containers ("BYOC") Eatery participating the Campaign. After collecting six or more stamps, customers can redeem complimentary offer/ gift provided by eateries, GREEN$, or a set of stainless steel reusable cutlery.
- When purchasing takeaway meals, you can receive a designated number of stamps by opting out of disposable cutlery/container and scanning the QR code of eatery
- You will receive one stamp when you opt out a set of disposable cutlery
- You will receive two stamps when you opt out a disposable container# (For BYOC Eateries participating the Campaign only)
- After collecting the designated number of stamps, you can redeem exclusive offers from participating eateries, GREEN$, or a set of stainless steel reusable cutlery
- Participating eateries are free to choose their gifts to be redeemed by customers
- Participating eateries may limit customers to redeem an eatery's gift by using that eatery's stamps
- Within one month after the end of the Campaign, customers can still redeem GREEN$ or reusable cutlery e-redemption coupons through the "GREEN$" Mobile APP
- Please visit the "Plastic-Free Rewards" Mobile APP for details
(e.g. hot drink, dessert, discount, etc)
(e.g. cold drink, snack, gift card, etc)
(Redeemable at designated GREEN@COMMUNITY Recycling Stations or Recycling Stores)